Thursday, April 17, 2008

Analytics of the Blog and who the fuck reads this?!

okay i'm going to use this short post to geek out a bit on technology and google. well i guess i geek out on other topics on here as well, BUT this will definitely cause me to push up my nerd glasses.

my job is set dead center in the middle of web development. recently i have taken it upon myself to learn some of the finer features that blogs have to offer. so in an effort to keep an eye on traffic statistics i have applied Google Analytics to my site. don't worry you don't get any thing if you visit the site. but i am blown away by how specific the statistics are. GA shows you not only how many people visit your site, but where exactly they are coming from, meaning from what sites they are referred from and in what country they are located.

if you are interested click here

and to learn how to apply it to your Blogger site go here

it can be a slightly complicated process, but once you get everything set you have a great, free way to keep an eye on your traffic. though i have to say the reality of PCWZ's statistics are pretty sad.

i know there might be some grumbling that this is another way for google to keep tabs on us, and that they have a top secret lair near the arctic circle where they are planning to implant google chips in our brains, that will allow them to collect and categorize our deepest darkest secrets. but let me assure you, they are not there yet, so you won't be giving up too much by adding this feature.

if this post wasn't exciting enough, this should make you feel better.

2 comments:

comoprozac said...

Thanks for the info on the analytics. Oh, and I am happy about the GI Joe flick. (I still have to rent the Transformers.)

BillySchuh said...

after you see transformers, we will discuss... um there are parts that return me to the my backyard as an eight year old, and there are some that make me question the whole robot-human interaction. i'll explain after you've viewed it...