Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Running/Good Movie/Bad Beer

Running

So as of late I have been dedicating my body to running two miles in the morning. I have been on this health kick for a little over nine months now, and I wanted to continue this trend by adding some safe early morning cardio.

For awhile I tried:
- chasing squirrels in my back yard, but apparently the cats in my neighborhood own the rights to chasing and eating them.
- running perpendicular to the the traffic lanes on old 63, or what I refer to as "survival sprints". but apparently there are laws against running through traffic.
- sparring with the crossing guard at benton elementary. apparently she was one of the first female boxers in boone county, so i wanted to move away from early morning beat downs. i mean i could still run, but running with two swollen eyes and a nostril full of blood becomes more challenging than necessary.

so after all of those failed i am attempting this version of work out. so far i have to say i like it. i dread it five minutes before i run, but once i get a half mile into it, i get this feeling like i could run five more miles, how ever my legs and back tell me otherwise, and for now two miles will do.

Good Movie

after my cool down, i grabbed a quick bite to eat and some water and stretched out while watching some TV. Encore always plays the strangest selection of movie at 7:30 am. Today I was treated to what I will refer to as a good movie, also known as Remo Williams: The Adverture Begins. This was a movie that was supposed to be made into a franchise. A couple of sequels perhaps a prequel, but after one movie they were done. Though there was an attempt at a TV series a couple years after its release. But this begs the question: Why don't I own this movie?! This has to be one of the most spectacular action flicks of the 80's. it has martial arts, guns, revenge, random explosions, and stereotypes galore!

Bad Beer

moving along...
before arriving to work i stopped off at the gas station to get some coffee. sometimes gas station coffee works better than just about anything. as i was in line i noticed a sale on Leininkugel Sunset Wheat. (sigh) this beer is terrible, and towards the end of my drinking days i came across this monstrosity of a beer. imagine if a brewer made a beer and crammed a box of smarties, sweet tarts, and nerds candy with the hops, yeast, etc. i'm not big on fruit-flavored beers, and this is exactly why. the reason it is on sale is to get it off the shelves and keep it off. rumor has it that if you let it sit long enough the beer will eat through the bottle. okay that's not true, but it sure tastes like an agent that would.

No comments: