Monday, April 7, 2008

Home Run Derby Results from Sunday April 6, 2008

As is customary with friends who cannot decide what to do on a BEAUTIFUL sunday afternoon the options flew around and fell flat on the floor.

me: You wanna play basketball?

them: um i don't know... who else are we going to get? plus we don't have a basketball.

me: wanna go running?

them: ha! next

me: wanna play catch?

them: oh i don't have my glove. dude its just going to be a lazy sunday afternoon.

me: okay wanna have a home run derby?

them: oh yeah i will do that!

why wouldn't you do that? it is the best of the lazy sports. three people minimum required, six wiffleballs, a wiffleball bat, a chair and a fence to hit the ball over. little movement, fresh air, and ego boosts galore. it is perhaps the best handcrafted lazy sport out there.

so here is the set up: three people rotate from pitcher to batter to shagger (somebody has to go collect all of the home runs i hit). 9 innings, 10 outs per inning. any swing of the bat that is not a home run is an out. if the pitch hits the chair it is also an out. so with the rules being known here were the final results

Billy - 38 Home Runs

Justin McCrady - 18 Home Runs

Justin Nardy - 0 Home Runs

I should point out that I am very, very good, and that my competition was not. well i guess i don't need to point that out as the results speak for themselves.

No comments: