Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And knowing is half the battle...

This past summer we received the first in what I predict will be many 80's-based cartoons turned movies. Transformers came to us thanks to Steven Spielberg (producer) and Michael Bay (god awful director/producer). This movie satisfied the eight year old in me, but as a 30 year old I left with a lot of thoughts:

- I don't remember that much product placement in the cartoon.
- bumblebee is a mustang?
- was the storyline always this bad?
- I don't know about you, but if i am making out with my girlfriend it certainly won't be on top of a car that I would deem "alive", nor would we be out in plain view of four curious robots.

The other night I received an email from my friend Zac with a short message that read: I know you are into this... He provided a link to a website that had pictures for what I will now refer to as the movie of the year in 2009:




Ladies and Gentleman I present to you the cast of characters for this live action cinematic spectatcular:




Dennis Quaid as General Hawk. I would have liked to have seen a bearded George Clooney, but this will work for me. I loved Innerspace, and the Rookie makes me cry everytime when i watch the scene where Quaid's character calls his wife to bring his blue suit to the ballpark. That gets me every fucking time.

Channing Tatum as Duke. Thought maybe Owen Wilson might be a good fit for this, but then you have to try to deal with the fact that you are watching Owen Wilson pretend to be Duke, and I just want to be absorbed into the character.



Rachel Nichols as Scarlett. Yes this works. I know there are ten other actresses, but again these characters should be the characters, not Jessica Alba playing a character.



Marlon Wayans as Ripcord... Um... really? i mean... really? for some reason i am not sure about this casting...

Byung Hun-Lee - Storm Shadow and Sienna Miller as The Baroness. Works for both. Yes!

I was unable to find a picture of Cobra Commander but he will be played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Again I am making plans already to camp outside of what ever movie theater I will be near. Now if someone could please get going on Voltron my childhood will be restored, which of course was robbed by the Kansas City Royals and Don Denkinger in the 1985 World Series...